Oh man, this was good!
Lately I've made an effort to keep turkey sausage or turkey bacon in the fridge/freezer so that I can make breakfast for dinner, since I always have eggs and bread on hand. I saw this recipe at Fake Ginger and knew it would be a hit at our house. Since it was just the two of us and I was sure that we could devour the whole thing but wasn't sure we needed two eggs each, I just did one egg on each side. The original recipe makes enough for four people, each getting an egg.
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 6 strips bacon (I use turkey bacon)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozarella (for my cheese, I just used an Italian-blend shredded cheese mixture)
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives (nope...use more than that. A lot more than that. The chives are what make this pizza delish!)
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to temperature recommended on your pizza dough pacaking/recipe.
2. Cut up the bacon and fry. Drain on paper towel.
3. Pizza dough- spread it on your pan (I love my pizza stone). Top with cheese and bacon. Brush edges of crust with olive oil. Crack eggs on top and season with salt and pepper.
4. Put pizza in oven and just keep an eye on it. You're watching for your eggs to get done and the cheese to get bubbly and brown. My cheese got brown before my eggs were done, but it still turned out fine. This is going to take 10-15 minutes depending on what temp you're using.
5. Sprinkle chives on top and devour.
This was a WINNER! Serve it with a light salad and you've got yourself and quick and yummy dinner.
Cast Party Wednesday