December 5, 2011

Browned Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Cinnamon Frosting

Life is crazy and has had some unexpected twists and turns lately so the old blog has been on the backburner until things calm down. I *hope* to have some exciting news in the not so distant future (no baby announcements, don't get excited) so stay tuned (and pray for us!). I am not getting my hopes up but God has brought us to this situation for some reason and I'm looking forward to seeing why!

In the meantime, I thought I would share some cupcakes I made three bazillion years ago a couple of months ago that were delish and a fun new experience for me. I started the post shortly after making them and then forgot about it. Ha. No play-by-play on this one, just go check out the website I found the recipe on. Great instructions there, if you're interested.



Ohhhh yeahhhh....


Hubby has his business class on Tuesdays and all the students share a meal together before class, sort of potluck-style. He ( I ) usually signs up for dessert and I decided to try something new. I love to cook and bake but I have never ever made homemade cake OR homemade frosting. THIS seemed liked as good of a recipe to start with as any :)

If you want to give this one a try, keep a couple of things in mind. First off, homemade cake is usually a bit drier than boxed mix. I thought this one was pretty moist, but they were best the day I made  them. Leftovers were... eh. Second, you may or may not love the chocolate cinnamon frosting. I thought it was yummy and imagined it to be delish with a pumpkin-type cupcake, but some who tried it did not care for the addition of the cinnamon.

I loved making these and sharing them with Adam's class and some of my friends, and I can't wait to make homemade cake again! I love knowing exactly what's in my cake, as opposed to boxed mixes (although, I always have a couple on hand for last-minute desserts). Thanks for honey & jam for the recipe and inspiration!

PS...these are NOT low-fat. But they have eggs in them so they are an excellent source of protein. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love know what you think!