June 29, 2011

The beauty I almost left behind!!

This project was a good reminder that if something catches my eye at a thrift store or yard sale, unless it costs an insane amount or has unrepairable damages, I should probably snatch it up.

There's just something so sweet and romantic about a candelabra, and I had actually never come across one until last week during a 5-minute stop at my local Goodwill. It was one of those things where I saw it, picked it up and thought about how much I'd like to have it, then thought about how it might never get used, and then set it back down to check out the rest of the home decor items. And then I get this unsettling feeling that some hateful old woman snuck up behind me to snatch it up and take it home only to let it collect dust along with all the other candle holders, knick knacks, and cat figurines she's collected over the years. So I quickly raced back to rescue the candelabra from such a life. And here she is-In MY house! What I didn't even realize until I got home was that the arms move so you can have them side by side or spread out.






I could have polished her up or gave her a new coat of a metallic finish paint, but I had something else in mind. Just two steps and this beauty was good to go!

1. Clean out old nasty red and pink wax. Really? Pink taper candles??
2. Apply ivory spray paint.

Prepare to be jealous...







I'd be jealous, too. If you were to buy one of these things new, it would not come cheap. If you were wanting one to use for a wedding or other event, it might be worth keeping an eye out for one to fix up, because I'm sure the rental price would even be high! I'm just imagining how great this will be for holiday decorating and parties (baby shower, bridal shower, etc.)

Totally worth the $4.00 I spent on her, no??

Linking up to Thrifty Treasures and...

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


The DIY Show Off

The Shabby Nest




Can't get their button to work, but also linking up to Six Sister's Stuff

Delicately Constructed Friday

Boogieboard Cottage

3 comments:

  1. love it darling! totally going to be great for my next birthday party... at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it! Such a great find! And I loved the little story at the beginning- I could totally picture some crazy old lady buying it and putting it with all her other candle holders. Ha ha! Thank you so much for linking up to our party! We would love to have you come back again tomorrow for Strut Your Stuff Saturday!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love know what you think!