August 16, 2011

Pinterest is eating my brain...


I remember my first semester at Union University when we first got facebook, way back when you had to have a college email address to register. I remember students staying up ALL NIGHT LONG and not getting any work done because they were so addicted to facebook.

Move over FB, helllloooooo Pinterest! The worst thing that has ever happened to my productivity. haha.  But let's try to look at this positively, shall we? Let's just remember that its a place of inspiration which may result in productivity...right? Here's some things I've got on my "Crafts" board and if you've ever been on Pinterest I'm sure you've come across them too...




Interchangable picture frame.  Duh, why didn't I think of that?? Why didn't we ALL think of that? I want to make one for my desk at work.




It's no secret I love wreaths, and I have quite the surplus of yarn laying around so this would be a great project.  I think this would make a great gift! But of course I'll probably make one for myself first :)



Source: flickr


So I'm not going to cover my walls in thumbtacks but this made me realize that thumbtacks could be used in a really cool way to design something on canvas.  Plus, they're cheap and I already have a ton left over from my DIY vase fillers.




I think this is just so cute and totally up my alley since it involves mirrors from the dollar store! My favorite! These simple mirror boxes make a big statement when grouped together like this.

Last but not least this is on one of my food boards and I'm eventually going to HAVE To put my foot down and make this for myself...



Homemade Cream of "Something" Soup Mix! It looks so easy and I would love to make my own rather than use the salty canned stuff.  Call me crazy, but I think this would make an awesome gift for the cooks in my life! Don't you agree?? I was going to make homemade vanilla extract for some friends for Christmas, but this would cost a lot less and may be used more often for those who cook more than they bake.


So, what about you? Are you obsessed? Have you completed any projects that were inspired by Pinterest? If you'd like to follow me there just click below!



Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. You have got me hooked now on Pinterest! Love to look at all your ideas and loves :) Thanks for the hookup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Pinterest! My friend Lauren got me hooked on it. Now I feel super crafty all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love know what you think!