October 10, 2011

And I'm back in the game! PLUS- Help a family bring home a new addition!

First things first: Head on over to Dreams of Grace and enter a raffle to win some super cute goodies from Thirty-One. All money raised is going towards this sweet family's costs to bring home their beautiful daughter, Grace, that they're adopting from China. Donating is easy and can be done straight from the blog. Visit their site, hear more about their adoption journey and show some love and support!

I've been out of the couponing game for a bit now, and by that I mean I've not really been doing a lot of matchups or stockpiling. That's sort of the beauty of the couponing life, because it allows me to stock up so I don't have to buy certain items for months! I've also been concentrating a lot on buying more organic and natural products, so my costs have gone up a bit. However, I was getting low on a few things and decided to start back at it! I headed over to CVS and Bi-Lo last week and snatched up some goodies! Also, Blogger is being a jerk and moving my pictures around, so please pretend that my pictures are centered.

First up was CVS where I found a good deal on Dove products. My shampoo/conditioner stockpile was depleted so I grabbed a couple of each. To round out the deal I chose to get some men's deodorant (Adam's got plenty for now so this may find its way into someone's stocking this Christmas!), and lucked out to find a package that was buy one, get one free. With coupons and extra care bucks I paid 40 cents for each of the Dove products (technically 20 cents for each deodorant), and I used a CVS coupon for 50 cents off on the sponges.  I get most of my cleaning supplies (sponges, brushes, etc) either free with store rewards or on the cheap at the dollar store. Not sure why anyone would pay more...




Next up was Bi-Lo, and this was a prime example of why you should ALWAYS pick up a raincheck for an item that's on sale but the store's supply is gone. I've found that if I hang on to the raincheck (which doesn't expire), I almost always come across a really good coupon eventually that makes it a better deal than it was during the orignal sale/coupon matchup.



  • 3 organic spaghetti sauce jars- FREE with Bi-Lo survey coupon
  • 2 Colgate toothpastes- FREE using raincheck and coupons; my raincheck still has a quantity of 4 on there so the next time a coupon comes around making it free I'll pick those up. I NEVER pay for toothpaste.
  • 2 boxes of Bounce- $1 each with raincheck and coupons
  • Powerade- FREE with coupon "bought" with mycokereward points
  • Temptations kitty treats- 20 cents. Jonesy already has a couple packages in his "stockpile" so these will be going in his Christmas stocking. What...? Your cat doesn't have a stocking??
I hope everyone has a great week! I'm excited about a week of great weather, a chili cookoff at work (I'm entering my white chili!), and projects at the house this weekend. We're going to be putting down tile in our master bathroom and installing a new vanity for the hall bathroom. Can't wait to cross those things off The List!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love know what you think!