May 8, 2012

Terrariums... new obsession alert!

I blame you, Nester!!

The always fabulous Nester was talking terrariums a while back, and it sort of made me obsessed. Like, I've seen them before, especially since Pinterest became the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I never realized how awesome they are until now! They are a great way to add a little life to your home without needing a lot of maintenance.

Just take a look at some of these beauties I found online:










Pretty please go look at the source from that last picture. Twig's terrariums are amazing! The one above has a sweet little couple inside- on their wedding day! So cute.


PS, just in case you didn't know... terrariums are expensive!! (That last one is $300!)  So, it's definitely something I'm going to try to tackle on my own. I've done some reading on the process, and it seems simple and allows for a lot of creativity. I was thinking about going to the thrift store to find a unique container when I remembered I had these little lovelies in my trunk:

Perfect, right??


The Kirkland's store close to me closed, and before they did they had a huge clearance. These apothecary jars were originally a set of three, but since one was missing, I got the set of two for $5.00. It wasn't until I opened the box that I saw that there wasn't a topper that fit the larger jar, so I can just leave that one open (which works out because some terrarium plants do better in an open container).

So excited for a new project!

...that is after I finish all the others that are on my to-do list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love know what you think!