September 30, 2011

Hummus Pizza

Whenever I try out a recipe for the first time, I generally tell the hubs beforehand "this is a new one, if you hate it I don't have to make it ever again, but we have to at least try it!". This generally isn't a problem because we're not too picky, but I like to give myself room to try out a recipe and it be a total flop. haha. When I made this pizza for the first time I was almost positive that he wouldn't like it...and I was wrong! Thanks again, Allrecipes!

This pizza has become a very common dinner in our house because it is so easy to throw together, its a great change of pace from typical pizza with red sauce, and there's lot of room for improvisation- I can use whatever veggies I have on hand and I can go with all veggies or just add some cooked chicken (great way to use up some leftovers!). Either way, its so tasty. If you love hummus, please give it a try and let me know what you think! The hummus sort of seeps into the crust and makes it soft and yummy. Oh, and you don't have to make your crust into a heart, unless you really, really like the people you're making it for :)





Hummus Pizza
  • 10 oz. can refrigerated pizza crust dough (or make your own! I wouldn't use the pre-baked crust because the hummus won't be able to bake into the dough like I mentioned earlier)
  • 1 cup hummus spread (I generally don't use this much)
  • veggies (I generally use things like broccoli, black olives, and mushrooms)
  • 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1. Heat your oven to 475.

2. Spread crust out onto your pizza stone or baking sheet. Spread however much hummus you want on top. I typically will use a little less than half of a container. Top with veggies (and/or cooked chicken) and cheese.

3. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Crust should be lightly browned and cheese irresistibly bubbly. I generally serve mine with a salad for veggie overload!

Are you a hummus lover? If so, give me some new ideas on how to use it!

Linking up:
Frugal Friday

Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods







Cast Party Wednesday

 
 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love know what you think!